Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Favourite TV Shows Of All Time

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we are given a different top ten to complete. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.

We absolutely loved doing this weeks Top Ten it got us feeling all nostalgic and we cannot wait to look over everyone elses lists and see what other shows we loved that must have slipped our mind!



1. One Tree Hill
It's very possible that this might be the first series I have actually watched from the beginning to the very end. I miss it so much!

2. Pretty Little Liars
I even got my Fiance into watching this! I am gutted that series 7 has just been announced as the final season but at the same time I don't think there is much further that they could push the storyline.

3. Stranger Things
Does this even need an explanation, I'm sure you have probably watched it if you have Netflix and absolutely loved it, I can't wait for season two after the way season one ended!!

4. The Vampire Diaries
Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev, Stephen Mcqueen just to name a few of the amazingly beautiful cast The Vampire Diaries consists of... I don't think there is even one ugly person in that series! Not even just saying it... I read the books before I started watching this and in one of the very rare occasions the series was just as good as the books!

5. New Girl

Zooey Deschanel is life, shes quirky and gorgeous I must admit I do have a slight girl crush on her! this series has me howling, I have even got my mother into it! If you haven't heard of it or just not watched it I suggest you do! You will not be disappointed.

6. Game Of Thrones
Pretty well explanatory, you have probably seen how special Game Of Thrones is to me on previous posts, it is the reason me and my Fiance are exactly that, Engaged and even together, we got talking because of the books and got together because of the tour in Belfast where we went to see the sets for his 30th, plus Jon Snow.

7. Sabrina The Teenage Witch
This was my ultimate favourite TV show whilst I went through school, I even collected the Sabrina Secrets magazine with the makeup set when I was younger! I do miss this I feel as though children these days are missing out on so much now that this has ended.

8. How I Met Your Mother
Absolutely love this show even though I forgot where I was up to around Barneys wedding and decided to start again... I will finish this series as if my life depends on it.

9. The Strain
Different to anything else i've watched really, it was down to James that I started watching it and got hooked, even though it does frighten me quite a bit, looking forward to season two.

10. Lost
The second series I managed to watch from the very beginning to the very end although I am still quite lost in terms of what actually happened... Heard so many different things. I still highly enjoyed it though.



1. Melrose Place
I loved this show and yes I am showing my age, by saying this. The whole bitch-fest was brilliant: the main reason I loved the show was the opening credits and the fact Heather Locklear was billed as Special Guest Star for six seasons which was pure genius. Plots included baby napping, numerous affairs and deaths, alcoholism, homosexuality, AIDs and Jake being topless.

2. Sunset Beach
Another one that shows my age, this show was bonkers and every scene was left with a cliff-hanger. The actors/actresses weren’t employed for the ability to portray human emotion, but their ability to pout. I want a DVD boxset and I want it now. The days lasted weeks around six weeks’ worth of episodes were technically the same day: that’s thirty episodes! Trash TV at its best!

3. Friends
One of the best sitcoms of all time, the will they/won’t they with Ross and Rachael lasted its whole run. I still wanted Chandler and Joey to get together; but admit Chandler and Monica was the better option. Loved the whole series, and no I can’t choose a favourite friend, but Phoebe is up there…just saying.

4. Dallas
This feuding oil family was just amazing, love the theme tune and opening credits…just wished there was a Special Guest Star billing. Plots included numerous shootings, pregnancies/miscarriages, numerous takings over of Ewing oil, affairs, and one whole season being a dream…

5. Prisoner: Cell Block H
The set was made up of cardboard boxes which wobbled, the women were rough and ready and came in all shape and sizes. From naughty prisoner wardens, to numerous schemes and escapes; this drama had me glued… I watched the repeats not the original broadcast! The re-imagining of this drama: Wentworth Prison is also worthy of Top Ten Status.

6. Queer as Folk
This LGBT drama was amazing, much better the ‘inspired by’ original English version, mainly because it was longer, and the characters were broadened and their storylines extended. The Brian/Justin on/off relationship spanned the whole run. It was just pure brilliance.

7. Doctor Who
How can one program re-invent itself with regenerations and keep on going? Pure imaginative thrills and frolics beyond our galaxy, but still manages to play with human emotions. It just manages to keep me glued and the boxsets have been watched and re-watched.

8. The Tudors
King Henry VIII was sexy? I don’t think I need to say any more… The series itself wasn’t always historically accurate, but it kept me glued as series by series wives were divorced, beheaded and died. Loved the opening credits, especially the final episode were four of the wives featured in the opening sequence.

9. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Girl power, sexy vampires, plenty of angst and the odd demon with witches thrown in too. I had the boxsets on video, but still haven’t updated my DVD collection. This fantasy drama evolved from high school to a more grown up grounding. Throw in a musical episode and this series was sweet.

10. Wentworth Prison
This re-imagined version of Number Five, updated the whole series and evolved it, storylines were changed and characters were re-booted. It has managed to distance itself from the it’s predecessor post-season one, but fans of the original do not need be disappointed, it is one of the best re-boots in recent years.

2 comments :

  1. My friend and I watched Dallas on DVD when we were college students, so over the top and hilariously awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctor Who, Lose, Game of Thrones, and Buffy are some of my favorites!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete