According To Yes - A Review By Jen


What is it about?
Rosie Kitto escapes her primary school teaching post and gets a job as a Nanny in Manhattan for the posh Wilder-Bingham family.

Who’s it for?
Definitely for Adults

Genre?
Comedy

Is it any good?
Mary Poppins with fishnets and basque…. this is one nanny who can’t say no. Humorous from the start, with Rosie being interviewed being stood on a newspaper in case she drips on the carpet, will she able to heal the cracks in this family, who have hard exteriors and even harder interiors?
This joyful narrative is witty… I can’t say too much, because of what happens and I couldn’t believe it…so funny. As this is Dawn’s third novel, I guess lightning does indeed strike three times.

Was the ending satisfactory?
An ending worthy of The Jerry Springer Show or for the UK audience, The Jeremy Kyle Show.

Would I recommend the book?
Yes if you want a laugh.

Read it if you like:
Not Quite Nice by Celia Imrie
Or any other Dawn French books (which I now myself want to buy)

No comments :

Post a Comment