Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Favourite Book Covers

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we are given a different top ten to complete. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.

This weeks topic gave us the choice from a list of past topics, I chose my favourite 10 topics and then Jen chose from those and we decided to do our Top Ten Favourite Book Covers.

I am going to state the obvious now and say that a cover is the first thing you see on a book, and I know there is a well known saying don't judge a book by its cover but when it comes to actual books I do... I don't think I would even bother buying the book if the cover hasn't drawn me into reading the synopsis, well unless somebody recommends it to me. I love bright, quirky covers or really girly ones.
1. On The Other Side By Carrie Hope Fletcher
2. Falling By Jane Green
3. Miss You By Kate Eberlen
4. The Chaos Walking Trilogy By Patrick Ness
5. The 5th Wave Trilogy By Rick Yancey
6. Finding Audrey By Sophie Kinsella
7. Mobile Library By David Whitehouse
8. Resistance Is Futile By Jenny Colgan
9. The Hope Family Calender By Mike Gayle
10. The Girl With All The Gifts By M.R.Carey


Well here are my top ten book covers, I feel there is no point in going through them one by one, since I would just be repeating myself and that would get boring for the reader. The reason I picked them is because they are so pretty, or in some cases they are atmospheric and spooky. My favourite colours feature heavily in the covers: pastel blues and lemon yellows. The Art of Being Normal cover symbolises me, so it is appropriate it features here. Book covers are a way into the book, and these are books I love; so I guess I had to like the covers!
1. Nation By Terry Pratchett
2. Harry Potter And The Cursed Child By J.K.Rowling
3. Hex By Thomas Olde Heuvelt
4. Woman In Black By Susan Hill
5. Murder House By James Patterson
6. The Art Of Being Normal By Lisa Williamson
7. Little Bit Of Sky By S.E. Durrant
8. Carry On By Rainbow Rowell
9. Fangirl (Zoella Version) By Rainbow Rowell
10. Bookends By Jane Green

4 comments :

  1. Gorgeous covers! It's great that you get to do it again. There sure are a lot of pretty covers out there so it's hard to choose just ten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, books are so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty of judging books by their covers as well. My two favorites out of these were Mobile Library and HP & the Cursed Child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I am glad you approve of our choices xxx

    ReplyDelete