Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Books Set In A School - Jens Choice

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we are given a different top ten to complete. For more information and a list of past and future topics, go here.

This weeks topic allowed us to decide anything school related, Jen has chosen books with school settings and Laura has chosen the books she would read to her class if she was a teacher so this week there will be two individual Top Tens...

I have decided to choose books set around schools and colleges, whether they be fictional or fantasy ones.
1. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell 
 Set in Watford School of Magicks, this is a gay love story, between a vampire and a wizard.

2. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling 
Yes it’s one of the longer books, and the one with the first shock death. Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is one place I would like to get my education, but I am a muggle.

3.Twilight by Stephenie Meyer 
Forks High School has vampires and one which falls for a human. The first in the saga, the school provides a setting a love story: a modern day Byronic hero is born.

4. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell 
Sweetness on a school bus, with a Walkman and comics.

5. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson 
I wish Leo and Kate went to my school, or if I went to theirs. Love the story and the accepting school environment and parents.

6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell 
Cather and Wren go to college; the former meets Levi, has emergency dance parties and writes fiction/fan-fiction.

7. All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven 
A school with a bell-tower? Sounds like my kind of place.

8. Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard 
As a beautiful broken thing myself, I would probably go well down there.

9. Faceless by Alyssa B. Sheinmel 
Okay I was running out of books.

10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
 I loved this book and I felt the character did most of her growth in the school environment; which obviously leads her to Rochester.

6 comments :

  1. Interesting list! And a lot of variety, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! I have read and enjoyed quite a few of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read 6 books of your list and Carry On is still on my TBR :D Great choices! :)

    Here's my TTT @ Swissbookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices! Harry Potter features by far the best school ever! Lots of Rainbow Rowell on your list, I must admit I'm not really a fan, but I am always reading really great reviews of her books. I do love The Fault in Our Stars though and loved that!
    Great choices for your list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks! I just recently finished Carry On - so good!

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never wanted to go to a school more than Hogwarts! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete