Thoughts For 50 - Pages 51 to 100 Of Falling By Jane Green

Eight years ago, Emma Montague left behind the strict confines—and rather dull boyfriend—of her upper-crust English life and moved to New York City, where she immediately found success in finance. But her soulless, cutthroat, all-consuming job was another life she didn’t want.

Answering an ad on Craigslist, Emma finds a tiny beach cottage in the small town of Westport, Connecticut. It needs work—lots of work. But it’s the perfect project to satisfy Emma’s passion for interior design and gardening, if her new landlord, Dominic, is agreeable to the small changes she yearns to make. 

To Emma, Dominic himself is somewhat of a fixer-upper. A local handyman with a six-year-old son, he’s a world away from the men she should be interested in, but he’s comfortable in his own skin, confident, quiet, and kind. And slowly, over a shared garden, time spent with his son, and late-night conversations, Emma finds herself falling for Dominic...
 
From friends to lovers happens as naturally as the changing seasons. But setting down roots doesn’t come easily when two lives as different as their own merge into one. And Emma will realize that the seeds of happiness must be nurtured and cherished to grow into something strong enough to shelter all their hopes and dreams...
 
Laura's Thoughts
So half way through my shift on Friday I started feeling really sick and just couldn't wait to get home and into bed, I actually thought I wouldn't be reading this weekend. When I am sick I don't do anything other than sleep but my point is that I actually sat and read this in one sitting and it made me forget that I was sick for a while. This book is amazing why did we agree to read it only 50 pages at a time! Don't join in with this one, go read it all in one sitting!

I actually feel as thought I am having an emotional affair on my Fiance with Dominic in this book, I think I actually love him! We are also now being introduced to other characters around the town and I am finding everyone of them a strong enjoyable well written Character, I think I have a new favourite author. Roll on next Saturday so I can read more.
 
Laura Predicts
So all of the predictions I made last week have seemed to go the opposite way, I love that about a book though, predictable books are so boring. My new predictions are...
  • The cat gets ran over or goes missing and Dominic blames Emma for buying one in the first place and upsetting her son.
  • Emma will take Dominic to her cousins engagement party pretending to be in a relationship and a real relationship will really blossom
Jen's Thoughts
After waiting a week to carry on reading this, I wasn’t disappointed in these pages. It is Dominic’s turn for a little back story and an insight into his relationship with Gina. Apparently it’s not going anywhere fast and the only L word involved his lust. So hopefully she will get the goodbye soon. Sophie fails to make an appearance, but Jesse does get a kitten, courtesy of Emma. Bring on the cuteness! One of my predictions came true as she babysat for him and their relationship blossomed. Emma also seemed to be the belle of the barbecue as all Dominic’s friends questioned their relationship. ‘Not my type’ where the responses, but opposites do attract. And both were very coy…. There is an undercurrent of whether Dominic will continue approve of Emma’s interior renovations: even his shelves were revamped.
 
Jen Predicts
  • Jesse's Mum will make an appearance
  • Gina will fake a pregnancy

No comments :

Post a Comment