Thoughts For 50 - Pages 151 to 200 Of Falling By Jane Green

Eight years ago, Emma Montague left behind the strict confines—and rather dull boyfriend—of her upper-crust English life and moved to New York City, where she immediately found success in finance. But her soulless, cutthroat, all-consuming job was another life she didn’t want.

Answering an ad on Craigslist, Emma finds a tiny beach cottage in the small town of Westport, Connecticut. It needs work—lots of work. But it’s the perfect project to satisfy Emma’s passion for interior design and gardening, if her new landlord, Dominic, is agreeable to the small changes she yearns to make. 

To Emma, Dominic himself is somewhat of a fixer-upper. A local handyman with a six-year-old son, he’s a world away from the men she should be interested in, but he’s comfortable in his own skin, confident, quiet, and kind. And slowly, over a shared garden, time spent with his son, and late-night conversations, Emma finds herself falling for Dominic...
 
From friends to lovers happens as naturally as the changing seasons. But setting down roots doesn’t come easily when two lives as different as their own merge into one. And Emma will realize that the seeds of happiness must be nurtured and cherished to grow into something strong enough to shelter all their hopes and dreams...
 
Laura's Thoughts
So as you will see Jen was underwhelmed by these 50 pages of the book because last weeks 50 were so good. So as usual I get my little update off her on a Friday morning and I was devastated that she thought the book wasn't living up to the previous weeks, However, I actually really enjoyed this weeks 50 pages. 
There is something about the way Jane Green writes that I just absolutely love! How is it that I can relate to things happening in this book when it has never happened to me, I think it is because she writes characters in such a way that I feel bonded with them from the get go. I feel as though this weeks pages have been a little bit more standoffish preparing us for something major that hopefully will happen in next weeks edition!
I love this book I can't wait for next Saturday, not that I am wishing my life away for this book, but yes I am.
 
Laura Predicts
  • Dominic and Emma breaking up over Jesse, probably to do with the way Emma feels like she can tell Jesse what to do every so often.
  • This first proper date will go horrendously wrong, maybe with an appearance from Jesse's Mum or Gina.
  • A trampoline accident? In which Dominic will blame Emma for buying the trampoline.
Jen's Thoughts
After last week’s fifty pages, I felt a little underwhelmed by these fifty pages. Only because what happened was soooooo good and I loved every word of it. Apart from the humorous explanation for an awkward moment between Jesse and Emma: I wanted a bit more from it after the previous fifty pages. I think my expectations were so high after love prevailed, don’t get me wrong I am glad what happened happened. I just expected something bigger than a Jesse tantrum (which wasn’t solved with sugar butties) since we have a four weeks to go I think we can expect more Jane Green goodness.
Sophie seems to have been side-lined in favour of new client, Lisa and Jeff was nowhere to be seen! I don’t think we have seen the last of them though, so we are halfway through and love is already blossoming. Bring on the drama! I still want to read the rest of the book and if we were to do it as one full read, instead of segments: I don’t think I would feel the way I do now. Bring on the next two hundred pages.
 
Jen Predicts
  • Drama
  • Drama
  • Drama
  • Jesse will continue to struggle with Emma and Dominic
  • Jesse's Mum will show up
  • Gina will make a return
  • Hobbes will grow up to be a cute cat

No comments :

Post a Comment