Stacking The Shelves - August 2016

Stacking The Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews! It is a list of what books you have received over the previous week or in our case over the previous month.

On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher
I went against my beliefs by buying this book, well when I say my beliefs I don't actually mean beliefs I just mean that I usually stay clear of authors who are already famous for other things in life, I feel as though some of them chuck a book out there to make more money rather than the actual passion of writing. However, I loved the sound of this book when it came into work and after a few hours of it catching my eye with it being so pretty as well I bought it and have no regrets, I have read it already, which isn't like me at all and I wish I could read it all over again for the first time.
 
Miss You by Kate Eberlen
The cover was simple yet effective, I bought this when I bought On The Other Side our work has a buy on get one half price deal, I never buy a book alone!

The Trouble With Henry And Zoe by Andy Jones
The cover caught my attention then the blurb, I have just found another book of his in my TBR too, I think its weird how I am just drawn to certain authors!

The First Phone Call From Heaven by Mitch Albom
Jen surprised me with this book after she read a previous Top Ten Tuesday where I actually put this book as one I want to read, I didn't even knew she had it. Thanks Jen!!
 
The Heart Goes Last by Margaret Atwood
It is pretty and sounds really interesting, right up my street!

The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
I am currently reading this book and I can't believe it fell under my radar for so long, this book was in the Richard and Judy bookclub in work for six months and I didn't even look at it, but I love it so far and I am glad it finally caught my attention thanks to The girl with a clock for a heart 
 
I Found You by Lisa Jewell
The blurb was small but interesting, why not give it a go. 
 
The Hope Family Calender by Mike Gayle
I have been on the look out for Mike Gayle books for years now, I read The Stag And Hen Weekend by him and it was such an interesting book by having two sides of the story on opposite sides of the book, having to flip the book upside down and back to front for the other story.


We Were Liars by E Lockhart
Zoella book club number one, very intrigued by this, pretty front cover too.

The Potion Diaries by Amy Alward
This is another of Zoella’s recommendations and probably one of the ones aimed at the younger readership. It’s a light-hearted fantasy novel, with a bit of teenage angst thrown in.

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Zoella recommendation number two, teen romance and angst…bring it on!

Falling by Jane Green
Laura bought me this one, ‘it’s needed for the blog’ was her excuse and as I am currently up to p150 as part of our Thoughts for 50 segment. I love it!

The Apartment by SL Grey
Another one bought by Laura for me, because I liked to be scared.

Three Sisters, Three Queens by Philippa Gregory
I have been a fan of Philippa’s historical novels, and this one could not be missed. I love anything Tudors.

1 comment :

  1. Nice haul! I did read an Andy Jones book earlier this year "The Two of Us". I thought it was pretty good. Otherwise, aside from "We Were Liars" and "Three Sisters, Three Queens", they're all unfamiliar titles to me. Hope you enjoy them all! Here's ours: Bibliojunkies Happy reading! ~ Bel

    ReplyDelete