The Girl With A Clock For A Heart - A Review By Laura

What is it about?
George Foss never thought he'd see her again, but on a late-August night in Boston, there she is, in his local bar, Jack's Tavern.
When George first met her, she was an eighteen-year-old college freshman from Sweetgum, Florida. She and George became inseparable in their first fall semester, so George was devastated when he got the news that she had committed suicide over Christmas break. But, as he stood in the living room of the girl's grieving parents, he realized the girl in the photo on their mantelpiece - the one who had committed suicide - was not his girlfriend. Later, he discovered the true identity of the girl he had loved - and of the things she may have done to escape her past.
Now, twenty years later, she's back, and she's telling George that he's the only one who can help her...

Who is it for?
Young adults onward
 
Genre?
Mystery, Thriller, Suspense Fiction

Is it any good?
I wasn't expecting to like this book once I realised it was less of a love story and more of a mystery/thriller which is not my preferred genre of book, I think this may be the second or third book of this genre I have read in my life, up to now. I say up to now because this book might have just played part in expanding my preferred genres and adding mystery/thriller to it. Now if that doesn't tell you just how good the book is I don't know what else I could say to convince you, who knows this might even convince Jen to give it a read.

I particularly enjoyed the narrative of this book which jumped back from past to present explaining the history of George and whatever her name is, this helped in the understanding of why George gets himself caught up in all the trouble for her, because of the person he thought she was when they first met. Swanson was really clever when writing this book ensuring that the reader found it almost impossible to find a connection to Liana and other characters such as George's on off girlfriend Irene. 

I also enjoyed the fact that there was a number of different situations/events that took place throughout the book rather than a boring lead up to a explosive ending. In my opinion the ending was on par with all the other events that took place throughout and this kept me interested and reading.  

I wasn't interested in Swanson's other book until I had read this and now I am quite intrigued, watch this space who knows if it will be popping up in a review further down the line.
 
Was the ending satisfactory?
As the book progressed i got more and more absorbed into the plot and by the end of the book i just could not stop reading it.
 
Rating:
4

Would I recommend the book?
I would and i have been, every day since i've read it i have been telling Jen that it is such a good book and she should read it... She isn't listening to me but you should, go buy it you won't regret it... or enter our giveaway it is one of the three books up for grabs.
 
Read it if you like:
Girl on the train, Pretty girls, Gone girl

No comments :

Post a Comment