The Infinite Sea - A Review By Laura


What is it about?
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.
Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.
Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.
 
Who is it for?
Young Adults
 
Genre?
Science Fiction/Dystopian


Is it any good?
Before I began this book I was told that it was a disappointment and nobody liked it due to the change in character narrative however I did actually like this... It gave us a chance to get to know the other characters who where just in the background of the first book. It gave us the chance to see why they are now the way they are. I will be honest though and say near the middle of the book this got a little confusing, when starting new chapters I wasn't quite sure who was speaking and I think he could have made this a little clearer.


Was the ending satisfactory?
The ending was just so confusing and I am still not sure whats going on, I may have to come back to it after i've read the last book and re-review it, I have a feeling that Yancey is going to rip my heart out even more in the last book and I am hoping that he makes my confusion worth it in the end.

Rating
3
 
Would I recommend the book?
Yes, Yes and Yes!
 
Read it if you like:
The Hunger Games Series and Divergent Series

No comments :

Post a Comment