Pretty Girls - A Review By Jen

The opening of Karin Slaughter’s Pretty Girls resembles the opening of the film, Ghost. Protagonist Claire Scott’s husband killed in an alleyway. Sadly the deceased is no Patrick Swayze, what happens is the fact that Paul Scott was not all he appeared to be. This all takes Claire back to her sister’s own disappearance. 
----------------------------------------------------------- 

I couldn’t put it down. It’s a thrilling chase. Third person perspectives, mixed with what appears to be a letter to the kidnapped sister, Julia. It just works and I would have happily spent hours in bed or on the train reading it. Mind you going up and down the Southport to Liverpool train-line time and time again, would get boring after awhile. 

The major twist comes about half-way through the book, which kept me thoroughly enthralled. It’s a twist I didn’t see coming, but it sets up a series of events, which seems like it could be from an episode of TV series, 24. The only thing that lets it down is the ending, with such a good book, I expected more from it. I can’t say much more, but if a screen adaptation was to happen. That’s the only thing I would change.
 -----------------------------------------------------------

No comments :

Post a Comment