Hello Life - A Review By Jen

What is it about?  
This is a part autobiographical and part self-help book. Topics covered are divorce and a lifestyle.

Who’s it for?  
Young adults.

Genre?
Self-help/autobiographical.

Is it any good?
I have read books by YouTubers before, like Joey Graceffa’s and Tyler Oakley’s; this one is different though. First of all he is straight and secondly he is wise beyond his years.

Working with books, I saw this book and was drawn to it even though I have never watched a Vlog or a YouTube video of his: I just fancied him and ogled at the topless photographs of him. Whilst training Laura up, this was on a re-call, in other words it was bye bye Marcus and I was dithering about whether I should get it or not. Laura bought it me as a farewell gift and a thank you. It was meant to be a farewell, but as the universe dictated it was not.

This book is semi-autobiographical and semi self-help, what is astounding is how wise Marcus is. The audience it is intended for is his teenage fans or young adults. As a thirty-seven year old transgender female, I could have done with some of his wise words growing up. It is clear Marcus has been through a lot in his life, mainly his parents’ divorce. However I felt as a reader, I wanted to learn more about him. He comes across a bit emotionally distant, but maybe this is because I wanted him to cry on my shoulder.

Marcus takes us through his healthy lifestyle, which I could really do with and the issues he raises are well addressed. There are of course many pictures for me to drool over. Loved it and him.

Was the ending satisfactory?
Non-applicable really.

Would I recommend the book?
If you fancy Marcus Butler: yes. Or if you are a genuine fan of his, or if you are struggling with issues yourself. If you don’t like the advice, just look at the pictures.

Read it if you like:
Other books by YouTubers like Joey Graceffa’s or Tyler Oakley’s.

No comments :

Post a Comment